Kulakovskii, Iu. A.

Transplanted from a provincial gymnasium in Vilna to the prestigious classical lyceum in Moscow, and then to the university, Kulakovskii became one of the foremost specialists in Roman history and Latin inscriptions.The Imperial Commission sent him to Kerch in 1890, and he remained in the region. In 1893 he published the archeological map of Sarmatian Europe in Ptolemy’s Time.