Liutsenko, A. E.

An engineer serving in various capacities for the Ministry of Communications in southern Russia, he developed a keen interest in archeology when planning roads and railroads. In 1850 Minister of the Interior L. A. Perovskii, himself an engineer, sent Liutsenko to excavate in Crimea; in 1853, he appointed Liutsenko director of the Kerch Museum of Antiquities. His brother Efim worked a bit alongside him in excavations and at the museum. Another brother, Danilo, was also an archeologist, from Kiev.